Sunday 1 June 2014

New Zealand Adventures: Week 1 ♥

Hey guys,
It was been nearly 2 months since i have been to New Zealand and i still haven't posted this post... I'm sorry I have been waiting for some new batteries for my camera to arrive but here it is... finally... the first week of my adventures in New Zealand!
SO HERE WE GO!
 The first couple of days were just traveling... Plane after plane after plane... A couple of posts back you guys can see that I left the for the airport in Manchester on 6th April and took the Boeing 777 to Dubai! Our flight was delayed so I couldn't go and look around duty free which sucked but the airbus 800 was waiting for me to catch it to Australia! This was the first time I had ever been on a double decker plane and honestly I was shitting myself thinking about the facts that it was double the weight and double the people on the plane would it lift off the ground?! Of course it did else I wouldn't be able to tell you all about my time there haha! The landing in Australia was horrendous!!! The pilot thought it would be a good idea to hit the runway at more than 200mph and swerve the plane side to side... Not fun at all! I think everyone came off that flight with brown stains in their pants!
 During all of these flights they were serving food which honestly was rank, I'm very funny with my food and they pretty much served everything with cheese which for me is a no go or it just smelt rank! The one good think about the hospitality was that all the drinks were free apart from champagne but what would you expect the champagne they had on flight looked expensive! I did end up near someone who thought it would be cool to get pissed out of their head and keep shouting at people... He had to be about 40 which makes it all worse.
The ICE system on the flights were amazing! I managed to watch films in which I had wanted to see in the cinema but never got around too as well as watch a few of my favorites. As well as the movies they had albums, TV programmes and games which you could enjoy! I think I may have listened to Midnight Memories and Beyonce more than 4 times on the flights but they are good albums and played pac-man for hours and got all up to date with 2 Broke Girls! Yeah the flights weren't that fantastic but it's just one step into getting where you wanna be right?
FINALLY we got to New Zealand after a hundred and one security checks... The first thing on my mind was food... I hadn't eaten in nearly 3 days and needed some food... McDonald's was called my name! A big mac, fries and a drink for $9 which is about £4.50 in the UK... YES PLEASE! We then made our way to the little hotel we were stopping at the night (by the way when I say our or we I mean me, my nan and her son) the hotel is not really anything to talk about apart from that fact the lovely lady at the check in desk gave me their wifi password. I stayed awake until 7/8pm which was good going baring in mind I was ready to drop at 4  and my nan went to sleep at about 4pm and her son 5pm (I'm never gonna let them live that one down after all their talk about staying awake) haha!
The next day we had to pick up the campervan! We got an upgrade on our van which was a lovely surprise and it looked amazing! I'll insert a picture of the outside but the inside got pretty much trashed and looked untidy for most of the time we were in it haha!
While driving I went to save some glasses from smashing and fell down the steep step by the door and bruised all my arm... DON'T WALK IN A MOVING VECHILE!!!!!!
 We then headed for some food again... McDonald's and then to see my nans other son who lived out in New Zealand who sparked the whole coming to New Zealand in the first place as my nan wanted to see her grandchildren who she had only seen over skype, when she finally got to meet them face to face it was adorable, you could see how happy she was and it was so good to see her that happy, you kind of take things like that for granted of seeing your family everyday. We spent one night on the driveway of the house before heading off to Rotorua. We found a really lovely campsite called 'Waiteti Trout Stream Holiday Park & Backpackers'. The people there were really nice and we ended up setting up camp next to the lovely stream which was obviously filled with Trout and had cute ducks swimming up and down. The ducks were greedy gits and we ended up feeding them around half a pack of bread! 
During our drive to the campsite I saw a Wendy's and me being the little American fangirl that I am said I want to go there! The next morning we went for breakfast and I ended up having a bacon and egg muffin and they gave you some fries and a choice of drink with your meal, I had a coke just because I wasn't in the mood for a hot drink. I prefer McDonald's breakfasts not going to lie but at least I can say I have been right? That's the way I look at it anyways. 
After going to breakfast the weather wasn't picking up so we went to the Rotorua museum which was lets say... on the dull side... If you enjoy looking at an old bath houses then this was the museum for you! The other side of the museum was a bit better, there were wood carvings, tools and painting from the past and loads of other cool stuff! Even thought the inside of the museum was boring the outside of it was stunning! There is a long drive you have to drive up to get the house and threw all the trees and rain it looking stunning!
 That night we stayed in the same place as before and I cooked tea for all of us, we had something really simple but filling due to the little space that I had around me ha! We ended up with chicken and pasta in tomato and basil sauce, I honestly thought it was really nice, I have no idea on what the other two thought of it, I didn't ask haha! The next day we went to Rainbow Springs Kiwi Wildlife Park in Rotorua. This place is soooo cute! Everywhere you turned it was like being in a rain forest surrounded by trees and what i think made the experience a lot better was the fact that it was drizzling with rain. It made it feel like a real rain forest it was perfect! 

There were many different types of birds and lizards there which was different from the boring zoos we get back in the UK which are all full of monkeys haha!
This little cute guy below is a Tuatara (i believe correct me if i am wrong) it is a very old lizard which originates from New Zealand which is cool! I had a mini photo shoot with this little fella and i believe this picture is capturing his best side haha!


I think we got about 1/2 or a bit more around the park and the rain just fell from the heavens! We ending spending a lot of time looking at trout in a tank because the rain was falling that hard we had to take cover! My nan ended up cleaning some of the windows on the trout tanks as well haha! We then ended up running into a cafe because we were all soaked and my purple hair dye was running onto my white jumper!!! We had a nice cup of coffee thinking that it would knock off soon but it didn't! We ended up leaving the park before we has seen everything but as we left the park there was a beautiful waterfall and even thought it was pouring down i had to take a picture!!
Post Soon
Take Care x



No comments:

Post a Comment